Kukui & Orange Blossom Cleanser
What are my undertones?
Choosing the best foundation match, hair dye, or even red lipstick can be daunting. With so many options available it is even easier to get it wrong, especially when shopping online. If you have warm undertones and you wear a cool foundation, it will look too pink for you. In contrast, if you have cool undertones and wear a warm foundation, the color will appear to be too orange or yellow. All those lucky gals that have neutral undertones don't really have to deal with this, as they have more flexibility even if they chose a shade that is a little off.
One of the best thing we can do when finding our shade is understanding our undertones: warm, cool, or neutral.
- For warm undertones, your skin will lean yellow, or golden.
- For cool undertones, your skin will lean pink or red.
- For neutral undertones, your skin will be peachy or beige.
1. What Color are Your Veins?
The time-tested check the veins trick. When you look at the inside of your wrists, do your veins appear blue or green? If they look blue/purple, you're cool-toned. If green, you're warm-toned. If you have trouble telling, you probably lean neutral.
2. What Colors Do You Wear Best?
Do you go to the mall and see an adorable shirt but find it is one of your no-go colors? Some colors can "clash" or look off putting with our undertones. If you look best rocking jewel-tones such as blues, purples, and emerald-greens, you're cool-toned. If you favor earth-tones such as reds, oranges, yellows, and olive-greens, you're warm toned. And for you lucky gals who can get away with all the colors, you have neutral undertones.
3. Gold or Silver Jewelry?
Check out your jewelry box. Do you lean more towards silver and white gold, or rose gold and yellow gold? If gold, you're warm-toned. If silver, cool-toned. Look equally good? I'm sure you're seeing the trend with this one...
4. Do You Burn or Tan?
5. What are Your Eye and Hair Colors?
Generally lighter eyes and hair with platinum tones will mean you're most likely cool-toned. Your eyes will be blue, grey, or green and your hair will be blonde, brown, or black with platinum or ashy tones. Darker eyes and hair with red or gold tones means you're most likely warm-toned. If your eyes are brown, amber, or hazel and you rock strawberry blonde, auburn, or black hair that has gold tones, you are most likely warm-toned. If you color your hair and you can't remember your natural shade, what color do you rock? If the name of your color has the word ash or platinum, it's a cool-toned color. If the name has the word golden or mahogany, it's a warm-toned color.
I'm Right in the Middle?
If you find that you fit right in the middle for most of these questions then you probably have neutral skin tones. Neutral skin tones have an even mix of yellow and pink undertones and have the easiest time choosing colors to wear for clothing and makeup.
Still Not Sure?
If you still aren't sure what color you might be then we can help you shade match! Simply email us with a picture of yourself without makeup in natural diffused lighting. Natural lighting will give us the best idea of what your true skin looks like. We recommend facing a window and turning overhead lights off.
And if you're still not sure you can pick up a few samples of our foundations.
Press the re-boot button and say hello to radiance & renewal. This luxurious foaming cleanser helps even skin tone and balance excess oil for a fresh, healthy glow. Remove dead skin cells, makeup, and impurities with a natural lather from Corn, Coconut and Sugar Beets without stripping skin of its natural moisture.Kukui nut oil brings lasting non-greasy hydration. Chamomile, cucumber and Japanese green tea deliver powerful antioxidants to combat free radicals and smooth skin.
- NATURAL CREAMY FACIAL WASH - A little goes a long way in eliminating dirt from pores. Organic and vegan-friendly ingredients nurture, hydrate, renew, and protect the skin. Skin will feel soft and supple after washing instead of dry and tight
- ANTI AGING - Restore skin cells and protect from damaging free radicals with Provitamin B5 and Vitamin E. Free radicals and excess dryness can damage the skin and show signs of premature aging. Keep your skin youthful
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE - A formula that is free from sulfates, harmful chemicals, silicone, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, parabens, and animal testing. Safe for men, women and even gentle enough for teens and children
- BALANCED PH - Perfectly balanced with your skin's natural pH of 5.5. Beyond keeping your skin balanced and protected, getting your skin to the correct pH level pays off in other ways. The lower the pH of a formula, the more bio-available its ingredients are, which means more of it is being absorbed by your skin
- PERFECT FOR SKIN CONCERNS - Our natural face wash does not over strip the skin, and instead, heals it! It helps soothe psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, acne and more without causing pain or irritation. Sensitive skin face wash without allergens or drying ingredients
Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 7.5 inches; 8 ounces, 236 milliliters
Directions: Dampen skin with warm water and rub cleanser between palms. Apply to skin in a circular motion and rinse thoroughly. Pairs well with our Aloe, Rose & Kelp Balancing Toner. Note: Our products may vary from batch to batch due to the nature of the raw materials and organic ingredients. Our formulas remain the same, however, there may be a slight variation in color, consistency or texture. These variations do not change the effectiveness of our products and only prove that our products are indeed as natural as they can get!
Ingredients: *Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Microfarmed Aloe Vera Leaf) Juice, *Vegetable Glycerin and *Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract and *Algae Extract and *Yeast Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, *Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil,*Caprylic Capric Triglycerides, *Populous Tremoloides (Aspen) Bark Extract, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), *Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, *Hydrolyzed Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, *Ecocert Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, *Ecocert Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, *Allantoin, *Persia Americana (Avocado) Fruit Oil, *Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, *Saccharum officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, *Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Blossom) Fruit Extract, *Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Extract, *Aleurites Mollucana (Kukui) Nut Oil, *Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, *Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, *Squalane (Vegetable), *Borago officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, *Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Vitamin E Mt-50 (Mixed Tocotrienols). *indicates either a wildcrafted or organic ingredient
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult a physician prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. The material on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.