March 11 2019 – BaeBlu Team
SO MANY LATTES!!! Here are a few favorites!
- 3 cups brewed coffee (see headnote)
- 1/3 cup (45 g) cashews (unsalted and untoasted)
- 2 packed tablespoons (25 g) organic dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- pinch of allspice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the pitcher of a high-speed blender, combine about two-thirds of the brewed coffee with the cashews, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla. Blend, starting on low and increasing the speed to medium-high or high until the coffee is smooth and frothy, 2-3 minutes total. Add in the remaining coffee and blend again. Pour into large mugs and dust with cinnamon if you like. Leftover coffee is lovely the next day served chilled or over ice. Reheated, the coffee tends to thicken, so we like it best when made fresh.
- 1 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or stevia to taste // more or less to preference + depending on sweetness of macadamia and coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup macadamia nut milk
- 1/4 tsp maca root powder
- 1/4 tsp ashwaganda
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) coconut butter
Add matcha powder to your serving mug along with sweetener of choice and hot water. (If adding add-ins like maca, ashwaganda, or coconut butter, add at this time.)
Whisk with a whisk, whisk until completely dissolved. If you don't have a bamboo whisk, you can use a spoon or a metal whisk or even blend the latte in a blender. Bamboo whisks are gentle on the matcha and also help it dissolve more completely. So if you like matcha, I recommend investing! Otherwise, use what you have.
Once the matcha is completely dissolved, heat* your coconut and macadamia milk (or other dairy-free milks). I added mine to a frothing pitcher and steamed on our espresso machine, but you could also heat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot and steamy. To get more froth, you can whisk vigorously or use a handheld frother.
Pour dairy-free milk into your mug - latte art optional (mine was a little sad - lol). Taste and add more sweetener if needed. I found that, when I used the macadamia nut milk, I only needed a bit of maple syrup or stevia to sweeten. Enjoy immediately.
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened plant-based milk (such as almond, coconut, hemp, rice or oat)
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- For Garnish: One star anise, sprinkle of cinnamon and/or one cinnamon stick
- Heat milk either in the microwave (2-3 minutes on high) or on the stove top until it reaches a boil.
- Place the black tea bag in the milk to brew.
- Allow the tea to steep for 1-2 minutes. Discard tea bag after brewing.
- Pour the heated milk into a blender and add remaining ingredients (maple syrup, vanilla and spices).
- Blend for 10 seconds on the blender’s highest speed and then 5 seconds on the lowest speed to make the drink frothy.
- Immediately pour the drink into a mug and garnish as desired.
- Enjoy immediately while hot.
- 1 tablespoon Teeccino Hazelnut Herbal Coffee (any flavor)
- 10 ounces of water
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Brew the Teeccino like ground coffee in a drip coffeemaker.
- While coffee is hot, blend together all other ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish!